One of my friends did this on her blog, so I figured I'd do the same.
1). Parenting stresses me out to no end. No matter how hard I try, I always feel like something is slipping through the cracks.
2). Sometimes I get really frustrated with the kids. Normally I put myself in a mommy time-out, and it solves the problems...sometimes. Other times I just mask the annoyance.
3). As much as I'd like to try to be mom of the year, I know it isn't possible.
4). I let my kids drink juice in moderation. Sometimes, I even let them drink it over moderation.
5). Sometimes I let the kids watch extra TV, just so I can have some peace and quiet or time to do something around the house.
6). My kids don't always get vegetables and fruit with every meal. We still try to sneak all the requirements in through the day, but there are occasions where it doesn't happen.
7). Sometimes I beg and plead for a vacation- in my head, of course. I never say it out loud, but I feel bad thinking it just the same.
8). Sometimes I overreact to things around the house, not just with the kids, but with Scott as well. Later on I apologize- even though sometimes its while they are sleeping. Oddly enough, it never seems to faze them. I think they just blow me off.
9). I stay up late to get "me" time. Even though I'm exhausted during the day, I feel like it is worth it.
10). No matter how frustrated/annoyed/upset/angry I get with the kids, I never forget to tell them how much I love them and how big of blessings they are to me. I absolutely adore my babies.
11). Sometimes my kids get happy meals. Most of the time they pick the healthy options, but sometimes they don't- and I don't fight them on it.
12). One time, right after I gave birth to Madison, Trinity asked me for a drink. I shuffled (half dead) into the kitchen and gave her her bottle of propel water that was in the fridge. I lean against the door, look down, and notice that very same bottle of propel that I had given her was in the fridge. I glanced at her, only to discover her drinking my bottle of Mt. Dew. She was 2. And extremely hyper for the rest of the day.
13). When Mason first started crawling, he would constantly go in the hall way and down to the girl's playroom. I hadn't cleared all the small things out of there yet, so he definitely couldn't play in there alone. Our baby gate was in our storage (which is in another state), so to solve the problem of him taking off constantly, I put the dog toy he's terrified of (see previous post) in the middle of the hall so he wouldn't go down there anymore. Unfortunately, it was later that day when he figured out he could just push it over and it would quit moving. So much for my smart idea.
Even though I may not be a perfect mom, I try my hardest- which is all anyone can do. I've made plenty of mistakes, and I know I'll make plenty more. The most important thing is that my children are very well taken care of and loved beyond words. They know that they are the most important people in our lives, and we would go to hell and back to protect them.
Unless its from McDonald's- I can't quit deprive them of their monthly happy meals! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment