Well, almost.
Today is the day we'll celebrate our anniversary, although it isn't until tomorrow. Why, you ask? Life. Something is always going on when I want calmness, and nothing is going on when I crave being busy.
Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't have it any other way.
A year ago tomorrow, Scott and I finally got the guts to get hitched after years of being together. There was a lot of uncertainty in those years, and a lot of giving up. I always hoped we'd get married, but I wasn't necessarily optimistic about it. Almost in an instant, something changed. We both grew up, we both saw the value in a family, and we both decided that we had to remove drama from our life. After that, it was smooth sailing, and we had a few good years of just being good. That was when we decided to get married- when we recognized that we'd survived the storm, and would survive any other storm thrown our way.
Everyone always says that the first year is the hardest. We are the exception. Maybe its because we've been together so long, so that "first" year of marriage wasn't anything different? We had our bumps- mostly medical issues with the kids, but it was a calm year.
Tomorrow, Scott has physical therapy, and sees a doctor about potential surgery (he has to slipped disks in his lower back). The girls have swim lessons and I have an exam to study for. But tonight, we celebrate making a good decision for ourselves. :)
And yes- the kids will be going with us. 1) We don't have anyone around to watch them, and 2) They have just as much right to celebrate this with us as we do.
Here's to many, many, many more good years!
No comments:
Post a Comment