| Fake smiles! |
We're going to ignore the fact that he's 2 days away from being 25 months. His physician was out of town on a missionary trip, so we waited for him to get back. We're loyal like that (and frankly, I thought we were giving him shots, so putting it off was no skin off my back).
Weight- 31.4lbs, right at the 65% for his age group.
Height- 34 1/2 inches, right at the 52% for his age group.Average, right across the boards. As average as his size his, he makes up for it with a HUGE personality.
No shots, thank goodness. I had prepared myself for them, but he is good until he is 5! (With the exception of the flu shot, since he doesn't qualify for the nasal spray version).
| "MOM, WHY CAN'T I PLAY WITH THE STIRRUPS?!?!?!!?" |
We did, however, have a bit of a melt down. Mason desperately wanted to play with the stirrups (yes, the stirrups that are typically used for female exams). It was almost as if they were calling to him, forcing him to play with them. After a few redirections, he got mad. And by mad, I mean borderline insane. He thought it would be cute to yell at me and tell me no. Take my word, it was not cute. However, it was so over the top and ridiculous that it was almost funny. Like a good mommy, I did not laugh. He sat down in time out, right next to the stirrups. I thought that was a nice touch. And no, Madison's foot was not in the stirrups- they were just free falling from the table.
| Almost breaks your heart. Almost. |
Fortunately, I learned that my child is not possessed as previously thought. He is just going through terrible twos, which has to be the nice term for toddler bi-polar disorder. Evidently, this occurs worse in boys than it does girls (which I believe, since I still think there is a yet-to-be-discovered form of male PMS). Wine should do the trick (for me, not him- there is no saving him from this vicious ailment).
| Almost pitiful. |
Mason is about as healthy as it gets, even if he has recently become a food snob. In the fall, we'll start doing the pulmicort treatments daily to try to prevent his "asthma" (its not true asthma, as he is expected to grow out of by the age of 4, but its easier to type asthma than what it actually is) from flaring up, and attempt to prevent any hospitalizations.
Without further ado, more pictures from the visit.
| The one 4 minute span where he was calm- reading a toy story book, surprise, surprise. |
| Being Mason- nosey. No idea where he gets that. |
| The calm spawns. They totally have me spoiled. |
No comments:
Post a Comment