Today is Scott's birthday. He is officially in his 30s (ok, he's 30). He seems to be taking it in stride. Maybe 30 isn't a big thing for guys, like it is girls (or like girls portray it to be, since I haven't reached that milestone yet). I keep waiting for him to do something crazy, like tell me he's jumping out of a plane, or walk in with a tattoo.
And yet, he's been calm.
Is this the calm before the storm? Maybe. I'd like to say that Scott isn't the type of person to go willingly throw himself from a plane, but Scott thrives off spontaneity. So who knows.
This man will never fully understand how much he means to me and our family. He is such a rock. He is always there for us, no matter what. He is an amazing father- he never ceases to amaze me when he's interacting with the kids. He loves them more than anything on this planet, and its so amazing to see that love. He loves me, something I couldn't wrap my head around for the longest time. I still struggle with it, but I know he does. He provides for us. He prays for us. He thanks God for us, and we thank God for him.
I don't think I've ever met a man like Scott. He has his flaws, plenty of them. For instance, he seems to be blind when it comes to hampers- they don't exist to him. They are merely figments of my imagination. Instead, the floor, the couch, even chairs become a resting place for his clothes....yes, even when the said chair is right next to the hamper. He hasn't met an onion that he didn't like. He has weird habits...but maybe its a guy thing? I don't know- all I know is that when the cards are on the table, his little list of flaws aren't nearly equal to his amazing qualities.
Its taken us a long time to get here. I'm so thankful we did. I love him so much, and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I hope I can make his 30s one hundred times better than his 20s were.
Happy Birthday, Babe. I love you more then you'll ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment