Trinity's birthday is one month and 3 days away. Her actual party will be on the Saturday before, which is the 17th. I'm not hip on birthday etiquette, so I'm not sure if birthday parties are held on Sundays- therefore, I made it on that Saturday.
This isn't her first big birthday party, where she gets to invite friends. It is her first since she has been in school. Its the first party I have thrown where I don't know the majority of the planned attendees, or the parents. Should be interesting.
I sent birthday invitations out about a week ago. I wanted to make sure that her friends got their invitations early, since there is another friend of Trinity's who usually does a birthday party that same weekend. The mother of this child and I do not get along. She is very judgey of the fact that I have so many kids (I know, that big number 3). One time, during a poor attempt at small talk, she asked me if I had just gotten back from the gym. I said yes, unsure where this was going. Then she says, "Don't you feel bad going to the gym after Trinity gets out of school, since you're not spending much time with her?"
Needless to say, I haven't been back to the gym since, because every time I think of going, I hear those words. Nevermind the kids love going, including Trinity. I need to get over it, but ouch.
Oh, and Mason's been going through the lovely "cling to mommy like white on rice" stage, so that also prevents me from going.
Anyways, so I got the invitations out. I got one RSVP so far, which is good- except I sent off 10 invitations, 11 if you include the mean mom's kid (she's a friend of Trinity's, and I wont let my feelings for her mom disrupt that). The girl is having a birthday party that same day, a few hours earlier, so they wont be attending.
I'll refrain from expressing my emotions on that.
I gave everyone a "RSVP by 12/7/11" thing on the invite. Then it occurred to me- that is a LONG time from now (whatever, less than a month, but still, kind of long for the intense planner in me).
I love to plan things out and have a plan. I do NOT love waiting on things. This could be a very long month.
In the meantime, I need to come up with festive party favors, games, and decorations for a Little Mermaid themed birthday party.
I may like to plan things, but I don't like to do the intricate details of events. Which means this whole thing is going to be a hot mess.
Welcome to mommyhood. Or something.
Good thing I'm good at procrastinating. Pity party over- time to think about a party.
No comments:
Post a Comment